The Elizabeth River Project
475 Water Street, Suite C103A
Portsmouth, VA 23704
View from the parking garage on Water Street
Look for our blue Elizabeth River Project sign (see yellow arrow at left) on the corner windows of the red brick Admiral's Landing development facing the ferry stop, High and Water streets.
Park in the Water Street public garage.
From Downtown Tunnel (I-264 and points east)
- Stay in the right lane in the downtown tunnel
- Take the first exit (EXIT 7) toward DOWNTOWN PORTSMOUTH
- Bear hard right at the exit
- Take first LEFT at the light onto COURT St.
- Turn RIGHT onto HIGH ST.
- When HIGH STREET dead-ends into WATER ST., look through the trees to your left on the waterfront. You will see the Elizabeth River Project sign on the street level corner of the red-brick Admiral's Landing, facing the river.
- To PARK, however, turn RIGHT on WATER ST. and enter the WATER STREET PARKING GARAGE immediately on your right. After parking, cross Water Street in front of Riverview Gallery and bear LEFT, walking around the ferry bay and along the public boardwalk toward the river.
From Midtown Tunnel (Route 58) or Route 164 (from I-664, points north and west)
- Stay STRAIGHT out of tunnel or bear RIGHT from Route 164 to get onto US-58 W / MARTIN LUTHER KING FWY.
- Exit US-58 W to the right toward DOWNTOWN PORTSMOUTH.
- Merge onto VA-141 S / LONDON BLVD toward NAVAL SHIPYARD / NAVAL HOSPITAL / DOWNTOWN.
- Turn RIGHT onto EFFINGHAM ST / VA-141.
- Turn LEFT onto HIGH ST.
- When HIGH STREET dead-ends into WATER ST., you will see the big blue banner at Elizabeth River Project headquarters across the street and slightly to your left, on the corner commercial space of red-brick Admiral's Landing.
- To PARK, however, turn RIGHT on WATER ST. and enter theWATER STREET PARKING GARAGE immediately on your right. Parking costs $1 per hour. After parking, cross Water Street in front of Riverview Gallery and bear LEFT, walking around the ferry bay and along the public boardwalk toward the river. Look for Elizabeth River Project signs to the right of the naval museum, facing the river and ferry landing.
Take the Ferry
We're conveniently located at the HIGH street landing for HRT's Elizabeth River Ferry. ($1.75 exact change each way) Ferry departs Waterside every half hour on the quarter hour and returns on the half hour.
If you find injured wildlife, call one of these rehabilitator groups:
Wildlife Response: (757) 543-7000
Sacred Friends Inc.: (757) 855-2922 or (757) 621-9626 (7 am – 7 pm)
Virginia Beach SPCA Wildlife Program: (757) 263-4762