Elizabeth River Project will provide a FREE soil test and consultation with a certified nutrient management planner to homeowners who make the Green Lawn Care Pledge. Homeowners with High-Risk Lawns will also receive a site-specific Urban nutrient Management plan. Fill in the application below to schedule your soil test and consultation.
Make the Green Lawn Care Pledge – Agree to the following lawn care practices to improve water quality beginning at your home -
- Consult with a local certified nutrient management planner to get a soil test.
- Retain clippings and mulched leaves on the lawn.
- Do not apply fertilizer when grass is dormant.
- Use slow release nitrogen fertilizer.
- Do not apply fertilizer within 20 feet of a water feature.