Join our mission during one of our non-profit’s most exciting chapters! In this position you will work in the newly constructed, soon to open Pru and Louis Ryan Resilience Lab, a global model for urban coastal living. As Director of Finance, you will play a crucial role in the financial management and strategic planning of the Elizabeth River Project, managing an annual operating budget of more than $4 million for the mission to restore the environmental health of the Elizabeth River.
This position will have a six-month orientation and training period working directly with our current Director of Finance as she transitions to retirement, with progressive assumption of the duties of the role before fully taking over the position.
Primary duties of this position include:
· Preparation and presentation of standardized and special purpose financial reports
· Budget development and accountability
· Annual audit and coordination of annual audits
· Accounting support for contract proposals and management of dozens of grants
· Development and improvement of accounting processes to maintain effective internal controls in a changing environment
Qualifications and experience of the desired candidate include:
· A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting or Finance, and a history of increasingly responsible accounting experience is required.
· Designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is strongly preferred.
· Experience with non-profit accounting, cost accounting, fund accounting, grant management, and experience with financial statement audits is strongly preferred.
Other essential skills include:
– The ability to demonstrate perseverance when tackling complex finance and accounting problems, including identifying their root causes and applying out-of-the-box thinking to generate unique solutions
– The ability to communicate and translate complex accounting concepts to non-accounting personnel
– The ability to balance creativity with integrity
This is a full-time, exempt/salaried position at a range of $65,000 – $91,000 dependent upon the qualifications of the candidate with regard to the required experience listed above. This position qualifies for a comprehensive benefits package which includes partially subsidized health insurance, company funded life and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, and more.
To learn more about our mission and who we are, please visit www.elizabethriver.org. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to HR Manager Jaye Hughes firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Elizabeth River Project is an equal opportunity employer.