Rain Garden Application - $2,000 for the right yard
Elizabeth River Project will fund up to 50% of the cost (up to $2,000) of your rain garden project.
Special opportunity currently available for River Star Homes in Norfolk, Chesapeake, and the Eastern Branch area of Virginia Beach.
Are you a River Star Home? Join Now!
Rain Garden Benefits
- Help restore the health of the Elizabeth River, if you have high elevation combined with a spot where water tends to stand.
- Reduce polluted runoff from your yard.
- We may be able to help fund your rain garden.
Beautiful and Functional
- Help prevent standing water after storms. Rain gardens make use of native plants and soil to naturally absorb rain back into groundwater systems.
- Rain gardens will help reduce the amount of mosquitoes in your yard by reducing the amount of standing water.
- Improve health of the Elizabeth River. A rain garden will help reduce polluted run-off to the river by naturally capturing and filtering the rain.
- Use native plants to attract wildlife like butterflies and hummingbirds to your yard!
Please fill out the application form to get your rain garden started!
This Project received Funding from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation - Chesapeake Bay Innovative Nutrient and Sediment Reduction Grant, City of Norfolk, and City of Chesapeake